1. Wear a hat or sunglasses, the sun can be harsh!
I love this floppy hat from Cotton on and sunnies from Forever New. There are some pretty good deals at Ackermans and Mr Price so check them out too! There will be a tent and umbrellas for shade but believe me, you will be in the hot sun at some point or another.
2. Bring sunblock, you will be surprised how quickly you can burn
Nivea Sun has a great spf 50 range.
3. Take lots of cash, even if there is Snapscan and an ATM machine – who wants to wait in a Q?
I would recommend at least R500-1000 cash for food and bottles of MCC but keep it safe!
4. The dress theme is black and white with a floral flair, so don’t disappoint!
5. Bring a blanket to sit on, just in case all the chairs are taken. Or get there early and claim your spot!
6. Wear shoes that work on grass like wedges or sandals with a thick heel. Guys, some cool loafers or surfer shoes would be perfect.
I will be wearing these lovelies from Forever New.
7. Bring a selfie stick and power bank, you will be taking loads of pics and rather funny videos 🙂
8. Be sure to try these MCCs:
9. Stay hydrated!
You won’t believe how much the sun zaps your bodily fluids when drinking. If you didn’t go for a pee at least twice whilst you are there, you are not drinking enough water!
10. Finally, don’t drink and drive, use an Uber.
Have fun and see you there!