Summertime in South Africa is most definitely HOT and what better way to cool down than sipping on a delightful ‘cool region’ Durbanville rosé? Rosé wines coming out of the Durbanville Wine Valley truly reflect the region’s unique terroir, benefiting from their proximity to the cool Atlantic Ocean, remarkable soils, and higher elevation.
Why Choose Durbanville Rosé?
One compelling reason to opt for Durbanville rosé is the cooler climate but most certainly a close second is the fact that the wines are incredibly affordable too. Lower temperatures in this region allow winemakers to create wines that are fresher and more expressive. This climate helps preserve acidity while allowing the fruit to develop slowly, resulting in a flavour profile that goes from good to better and then best!
Rosé, like all wines, reflects its provenance, a combination of natural and cultural influences. Durbanville rosé is meticulously crafted from vineyards that are specially cultivated for this purpose, ensuring a taste that’s unique to the region.
Great rosé wines are characterized by their exuberance and clarity of flavors and aromas. Durbanville rosé encapsulates this essence, making it a go-to choice no matter the season.
Exceptional Value and Award-Winning Quality
Durbanville rosé wines not only boast exceptional craftsmanship but also offer remarkable value. Several of these wines have earned top honours at renowned competitions like the Michelangelo International Wine and Spirit Awards, the International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC), and the Perold Pinotage Rosé Awards. Prices range from R84 to R115.
A Rosé for Every Occasion and Palate
Durbanville rosé wines offer a diverse selection to cater to various preferences:
- Bloemendal Merlot Rosé ’22: Easy-drinking, off-dry wine with notes of sweet berries and a rounded acidity.
- D’Aria Blush ’23: Crisp and characterised by hints of cantaloupe, rose, cherry and mulberry.
- De Grendel Rosé ’23: Dry palate with notes of watermelon, raspberry coulis and passion fruit.
- Diemersdal Sauvignon Blanc Rosé ’23: Delicate and lively, showing passion fruit, lime, cherry and strawberry.
- Durbanville Hills Merlot Rosé ’23: Elegant, fresh and crisp with flavours of ripe red berries and Turkish delight.
- Groot Phesantekraal Syrah Rosé ’23: The colour of salmon; elegant and smooth with notes of ripe strawberry.
- Klein Roosboom Rosé ’23: Candyfloss and strawberry notes show with fresh cherries and grapefruit.
- Maastricht Pinotage Rosé ’23: Notes of pomegranate, cranberry with nuances of candy floss and blossoms.
- Meerendal Pinotage Rosé ‘23: A dark, salmon-pink wine that shows sweet strawberries and cream.
Enjoy Durbanville rosé as a refreshing beverage on a scorching summer day, or pair it with a variety of dishes, from seafood like sushi and oysters to fresh salads and even a traditional braai (barbecue). For those who enjoy a touch of spice, rosé is an excellent companion to spicy foods.
For more information about Durbanville Wine Valley, visit www.durbanvillewine.co.za or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay updated on the latest news and events by tagging and following Durbanville Wine Valley on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with @DurbanvilleWine.
This summer, make Durbanville rosé your go-to wine, and elevate your wine experience to a new level of delight and sophistication!