I am looking forward to Tuning the Vine tomorrow, 7 December to explore the “Inner City Wine Route”. It is quickly becoming the HOT thing to do every 2nd Wednesday of the month from 5.30pm to 8.30pm.
Here are my top 10 tips:
- Buy your tickets beforehand via Quicket (R170) – They’re cheaper, guarantee entry on the night and you can use fast-track entry points. Alternatively buy tickets (R190) at Ticketing Stations on the night.
- Find the tuning the Vine winged wine fairies who will fast track your entry at The Gin Bar and Weinhaus + Biergarten. Find them and you’ll have your map, glass and wristband in a whizz!
- Get an Uber – because parking is difficult and who wants to drink and drive anyway!
- Arrive early – you’ll have more time to taste the wines you’re interested in, before the venues fill up.
- The map is a mere guideline. Follow the #InnerCityWIneRoute and visit venues as you please – you need not go according to numbers. CLICK HERE to download the map.
- In just 3 hours you can experience 37 wine producers peppered across 18 inner city venues. You are walking off the calories, so its “guilt free” tasting!
- Stay for supper – Food on the go is on sale at each venue, and it’s a good idea to grab a quick bite to eat between tastings. Tastings close at 8.30pm but venues will remain open and will be selling delicious food. They also sell wine by the bottle (or glass) as well as other drinks.
- Be curious. Each person pouring wine is passionate about it, so ask questions and fall in love with new wines.
- Keep track! Take photos or add a memo on your phone of your wine winners on the night for when you want to shop or head out to one of the farms. You’ll be able to order straight from the event via Cybercellar.
- Be social – check out Instagram and Twitter for any updates and specials using #InnerCityWineRoute. Have fun!
All information and a map for each month is available on Tuningthevine.com and on Facebook.com/TuningtheVine. Chat to us on Instagram and Youtube. Share using #InnerCityWineRoute.
See you there!